March 28, 2007

Altered Can

I was inspired by Jan Tink's blog to design a can like she did. Jan used a vienna sausage looking can.....So, last night, while opening a can of Chicken Broth for my preparation of dinner, I decided that I too will take part in this design a can challenge. But really, there isn't a real challenge - the only challenge is within myself.

Anyways, back to the can.... I used the can opener that I bought from my friend, Shanna - whom is a Pampered Chef Rep. This can opener is AMAZING!!! I totally love it, because it opens the can with a clean smooth cut, allowing me to be able to close the can again, by simply putting the lid right back on. It is impossible for you to cut yourself!!! If you would like to do these types of projects, I highly suggest that you get those can openers, and I think Pampered Chef is the only one that offers this type of opener, don't quote me on that though. But if you don't have a PC rep - please check out my friend's site, she will hook you up with one!




After washing and thoroughly drying my can, I covered it with designed paper that is currently available in Stampin' Up!'s(r) Spring Mini Catalog. I enjoyed making it... the family was asleep - and I was in my own whole.

Here is how it turned out:



Feel free to post a comment and let me know what you think of these.... the one on the right is featured it open with the lid off, and some goodies that I stuffed in there.